Higgins Laboratories, Room 109
M. Mahdi Agheli H.
- Assistant Teaching Professor,
I genuinely enjoy teaching and interacting with students. I feel a sense of achievement when I help people understand concepts to the point where they are capable of completing problems on their own. I do research besides teaching. I believe teaching and research reinforce each other and I integrate my research through either demonstrations or hands-on experimental projects. My teaching and research activities and experiences are in the areas of design, dynamics, kinematics, robotics, mechatronics, and manufacturing.
- Legged Robots
- Parallel Mechanisms
- Design and Manufacturing
- Robotics and Mechatronics
- Ph.D., Worcester Polytechnic Institute, May 2013
- M.S., Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran, January 2009
- B.S., Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran, May 2006
- Mahdi Agheli, Stephen S. Nestinger, Force-Based Stability Margin for Multi-Legged Robots, IEEE Transactions on Robotics. (under review)
- Mahdi Agheli, Stephen S. Nestinger, Comprehensive Closed-Form Solution for the Reachable Workspace of 2-RPR Planar Parallel Mechanisms, Mechanism and Machine Theory. (under review)
- M.M. Agheli, M.J. Nategh, Identifying the Kinematic Parameters of Hexapod Machine Tool, International Journal of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, 4:3, pp.149-154, 2010.
- M.J. Nategh, M.M. Agheli, A Total Solution to Kinematic Calibration of Hexapod Machine Tools With A Minimum Number of Measurement Configurations and Superior Accuracies, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 49:15, pp.1155-1164, 2009.
- Yousef Hojjat, M. Mahdi Agheli, A Comprehensive Study on Capabilities and Limitations of Roller-Screw with Emphasis on Slip Tendency, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 44:10, pp.1887-1899, 2009.