The First Corner of Bloody Curve
The area of bloody curve (mistakenly called bloddy angle) is very well preserved. The only major difference is the stone walls. In 1775 they were designed to keep cattle in. They were approximately 3 feet high with logs covering the tops of them. The hieght of the stone walls protected the British from the fire from both sides.
This photo was taken from the approximate spot in which the Woburn militia was lined up. It shows the curve which the British had to take as they marched up the hill. The major difference shown in this photo is the road that continues off to the left. This road did not exist in 1775.
This photo is taken from the road. It shows the hieght of the embankments on both side. These embankments saved the British from recieving unhindered fire from the Bedford militia, located to the right of the road in this picture.
The Second Corner of Bloody Curve
This photo is taken from the British perspective, they had just pushed through the Woburn militia's ambush, and were charging towards COL Barrett's forces located dead ahead in this photo. This photo shows the abandoned "New Bedford Road" which allowed for Barrett's forces to show up at this point.
This photo shows the American perspective. They were not this close to the road, but it shows the field of fire which they had on the road filled with British troops.