Energy Task Force
To develop a strategy for WPI to position itself and to play a significant role and in the field of Energy. Considerations to include:
- Develop an Inventory/Overview of academic activities in other institutions related to energy and develop a vision for the future applications/issues of energy.
- Identification of major issues in energy; and related subjects in sustainability
- Identification of “relevance” and “impact” factors where WPI can make major contributions
- Formation of an Institute for Energy Systems based on WPI Faculty, at least initially.
- Develop themes and teams to respond major funding opportunities
- Serve as think-tank in the field of Energy to develop white papers and reports.
- To bring together the business and policy components together
- Organize intellectual/cultural activities (seminars, panels, etc.)
- Exploration of collaboration opportunities and collaborative initiatives with other institutions in the region and abroad focusing on energy related activities.
- Development and educational approach to prepare our students
- Develop an undergraduate “minor”
- Development of an undergraduate “degree” program(?)
- Corporate education, including government
- Outreach programs, community impact including K-12.
- Selcuk Guceri, Chair
- Robert Krueger (A&S – Policy)
- Sharon Johnson (Business)
- Rick Sisson (ME)
- David Cyganski (ECE)
- David DiBiasio (Chem Eng)
- Germano S. Iannacchione (Physics)
- Art Heinricher
- Diran Apelian (ME)
- Isa Bar-On (ME)
- John Orr (ECE)
- Pamela Weathers (Biology & Biotechnology)
- Mark Rice, Dean, Business
- Karen Oates, Dean, Arts & Sciences
- Michael Manning, Research
- Stephen Flavin, Corporate Relations
Trustees and Corporate:
- Curt Carlson (SRI) Trustee
- Mike Dolan (EXXON-Mobile) Trustee
- Steve Hallstead, Trustee
- Joel Schwartz, SVP - EMC