Celebrating Graduate Research
Graduate Research at WPI: Join the Annual Celebration
Graduate students at WPI are part of a large and thriving research community. The university values the contributions they make to their fields and to society. It celebrates those accomplishments through two annual events that encourage graduate to share their work with the greater WPI community.
- The Graduate Innovation Exchange: This is a two-part annual research poster celebration. Part one, set for December 10, 2014, is an all-day event open to all graduate students engaged in research. It highlights the breadth, diversity, and quality of graduate research at WPI. In part two, to be held April 13, 2015, up to 60 posters chosen from the hundreds displayed in December will compete for awards. Learn more…
- i3: Investing in Ideas with Impact: This campus-wide presentation competition is all about translating research into value and real-world impact. The competition begins in the academic departments, moves on to semifinal events in Arts & Sciences, Engineering, and the School of Business, and concludes with a final showdown and awards presentation on April 13, 2015, to which the entire campus is invited Learn more…
Why Should You Participate?
Students who have participated in these events in the past say they are valuable for a number of reasons:
- You can showcase and receive useful feedback on your work in progress.
- You get to know other graduate students, learn about other research underway at WPI, and establish collaborations that may take your work in new directions.
- Being able to explain your research and its value in a concise and accessible manner is a valuable skill in science, engineering, and business.·
- Sharing your work can be invigorating and rewarding. You'll return to your research with a new sense of purpose and a desire to make a difference.
Making Connections at the Innovation Exchange
Once a year, WPI graduate students gather to share their research with the WPI community at GRAD (Graduate Research Achievement Day). This sprawling poster celebration is a showcase of innovation and interdisciplinary collaboration.