Psychology Scholars Program
There is no better place to study psychology than WPI.
The Psychology program will prepare you to tackle the complex challenges of our times. Having a strong science and technological foundation will give you an edge when you begin to think about what’s next: a career in any field or discipline you desire or graduate studies.
Join WPI’s Scholars Program in the Fall 2014 and be part of a unique cohort that will:
- be provided a $1,000 research grant (in addition to your Admissions Scholar package) to do and perform an approved undergraduate research project.
- be assigned a faculty mentor in the field of psychology.
- work together as a cohort through classes and experiences that build teamwork and foster a close-knit community.
- be actively involved in research being conducted at WPI, and work closely with the faculty mentor of the research project.
- be encouraged to rotate in different research laboratories at WPI to gain a breadth of research experience.
- have the opportunity to attend the New England Psychological Association meeting each year (typically in October) and numerous talks by top researchers in different fields of psychology.
- be encouraged to become “student ambassadors” and visit local high schools and community colleges to promote psychology and WPI.