Teaching Practicum IQP
The teaching practicum gives students the opportunity to be closely mentored in the classroom by an experienced teacher, learning how to effectively teach and all that comes with that. Before beginning the practicum, students must:
- Complete Teaching Methods (ID 3100)
- Fill out a Teacher Preparation Application and follow all directions on it
- Complete 75 observation hours in a classroom
- Read the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks
- Read the Professional Standards
The Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks are what comprises a K-12 student's education and the Professional Standards provide detailed guidance on how to achieve this.
Observation hours and student teaching will be set up by your IQP advisor (Professor John Goulet).
Upon completion of the teaching practicum, students must complete an IQP report. Learn more about the report.