WPI Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) 2015
Fellowship stipends are available for the summer of 2015 to support WPI undergraduate students interested in research. The selection process makes use of materials submitted by the student and the supervising faculty member.
- All materials must be submitted through the online application by Monday, March 2, 2015.
- Applicants should start by discussing their interests with potential faculty research supervisors.
- The student submits the following materials (PDF only please!):
- A brief statement (approximately 100 words) of your reasons for pursuing summer research activities;
- A brief description of your specific research project and your relevant experience;
- A resume;
- A recent grade report (an unofficial transcript from Banner is acceptable, PDF only); and
- Other supporting materials (optional, PDF only).
- After the student submits his or her materials, the faculty supervisor will receive an email which provides a web link to the application submitted by the student. The application will request the following additional materials from the faculty supervisor:
- A brief description of the research program the student applicant would be joining;
- A brief description of the type of work the applicant would be doing if selected to receive a fellowship;
- The name of the faculty member who will be supervise the students’ work; and
- Additional supporting materials (optional, PDF only).
- Notification of awards will be made by Friday, March 20, 2015.
- This is a full-time appointment for two months.
- Students who will complete their undergraduate degree before January 1, 2016 are not eligible for this program.
- First priority will be given to students who are completing their junior year.
Stipend: $4000 total: $2000 paid the end of June; $2000 paid the end of July.