Integrative Graduate Education & Research Traineeship (IGERT)
- Developing an Innovative Mindset At WPI, you’ll learn to translate biofabrication research outcomes into real-world results. »
- Conducting Research that Matters - Now At our interdisciplinary facilities, you’ll work side by side with researchers and entrepreneurs. »
- Producing Leaders with a Global Perspective You'll gain real-world experience, and global context through the international experience. »
WPI is among an exclusive group of leading research universities selected to participate in the National Science Foundation’s (NSF) Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship (IGERT) – NSF’s flagship interdisciplinary program for PhD scientists and engineers.
WPI’s program, IGERT: Training Leaders in Biofabrication, will produce PhD bioengineers with the technical skills, innovative mindset, and global vision needed to become international leaders in the field of biofabrication.
- Boot Camp Launches WPI Biofabrication Program Funded with a $3 million NSF award, the new interdisciplinary graduate program combines biomedical research and business innovation experiences. >
- WPI Awarded $1.9 Million to Develop Sensors that Can Save Wounded Soldiers The program’s objectives are developing wearable sensors and a smartphone application that can detect serious blood loss. >
- The Greatest Rescue WPI hosts Seventh Annual Precision Indoor Personnel Locator workshop; demonstration of new location technology deemed a “success.” >
- Technology and Training: WPI at BIO 2012 WPI will highlight its programs in biotechnology research, development, and education at the largest global event for the biotechnology industry. >
- New Company Will Commercialize WPI's Pioneering Research on Microthread Technology VitaThreads will develop therapies for sports injuries and heart attacks and new ways to deliver stem cells therapies. >