Students take the equivalent of three courses (either as courses or project work) during each of four seven-week terms (two in the fall and two in the spring). Each course counts for one-third WPI unit. Each project counts as one full unit, or the equivalent of three courses. Students are ready to graduate after 16 WPI terms, or four years.
- Humanities and Arts Component: five thematically related courses and a capstone seminar course or practicum
- Interactive Project: team-based project that examines the impact of science and technology on society
- Major Project: team-based research or design experience in the major field of study
- 2 courses in the social sciences
- 4 courses in physical education
- Completion of at least 8 WPI units in residence at WPI
- Completion of 15 WPI units overall