Advising Resources

Many international students attend high schools that do not have a college counselor or advisor who can provide information on applying to colleges and universities outside their home country. While WPI can provide some specific information on our requirements, you may need some more general information about applying to colleges and universities in the United States.

For general advice about colleges and universities in the United States the Education USA program is a great resource. Their web site will provide you with general information and allow you to search for an educational advising center near you. Advising centers can give you an overview of the US higher education system, assist you with your college search, and provide information about SAT, ACT, and TOEFL tests dates and locations.

For up-to-date information about visas, including new SEVIS regulations please visit Destination USA. This site will also allow you to find a local Consular Office.

The Institute of International Education web site provides general higher education information, as well as detailed information about the Fulbright Program and their local offices.

  • Email a Friend
  • Bookmark this Page
  • Share this Page