Before applying, please read a complete version of our admission requirements and application instructions.
WPI is a member of the Common Application, and the Common Application is the exclusive method by which to apply to WPI. We accept the electronic or paper version of the Common Application.
Please note: Within two weeks of submitting your application, you will receive an application acknowledgement which will include an ID number and PIN for you to use to check the status of your application. Please await this information before inquiring about the status of your application. If you have not received an acknowledgement after two weeks, please contact us.
To check the status of your application and support materials, please visit http://admissions.wpi.edu/status. You will need your WPI ID number and date of birth to log in.
To check the status of your financial aid application and paperwork, please visit www.wpi.edu/+fastatus. You will need your WPI ID number and date of birth to log in.
Additional Forms & Fees
Once you submit your application, the process doesn't end there. We need to receive your application support materials to complete your application file. Some of these items are included with the submission of the Common Application; others need to be sent from your school and teachers.
For first-year applicants:
- Application supplement for Common Application
- Secondary school report (Common Application link) including high school transcript and letter of recommendation from College/Guidance Counselor
- Senior year grade report—grades from your senior year should come from your school on a transcript or should be included with the optional report or mid-year report forms (Common Application links)
- Letter of recommendation from mathematics/science teacher
- WPI requires one recommendation from a math or science teacher. We welcome additional teacher recommendations, however in order for an application to be considered complete, a math or science recommendation must be received.
- Standardized test scores (SAT I or ACT) or Flex Path submission
- standardized test scores should be sent to WPI directly from the testing agency or reported on an official transcript or school document
- Flex Path submission cover sheet
- Scholarship supplement form (optional)
- Home school applicant form (homeschool applicants only)
- $60 application fee
- WPI endorses the fee waiver policy of the College Entrance Examination Board and accepts fee waivers from high school guidance or college counselors
For transfer applicants only:
- Transfer application supplement for Common Application
- College official's report (Common Application link)
- Mid-term report (Common Application link)
- $60 application fee
For international applicants only:
In addition to the items above, please include:
Submission Instructions for Additional Forms and Documents
WPI accepts electronic submissions of application support materials from secondary school counselors and teachers. Schools equipped to send electronic documents should upload them through the appropriate channel, and they will be matched with your application record.
Documents sent via UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS Express Mail, and other courier services should be addressed to:
WPI Undergraduate Admissions
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
All other documents, including all first class and priority USPS mail, should be addressed to:
WPI Undergraduate Admissions Processing Center
PO Box 480
Randolph, MA 02368-0480