|Early Action Admissions Decisions|
Admission decisions for Early Action Round 1 & Round 2 candidates are now available online. To view your decision, login with your WPI ID number and date of birth at http://admissions.wpi.edu/status.
Admitted students and students pending further review as part of our Regular Decision application pool will receive a hard copy decision letter in the mail within approximately one week following the time decisions are posted online.
WPI is a member of the Common Application, and the Common Application is the exclusive method by which to apply to WPI.
|Application Status Check and WPI ID Numbers|
Within two weeks of submission of the Common Application to WPI you will receive an application acknowledgement via mail and email which will include an ID number for you to use to check the status of your application. Please await this information before inquiring about the status of your application. If you have not received an acknowledgement within two weeks following submission of your application, please contact us.
To check the status of your application and support materials, please visit http://admissions.wpi.edu/status. You will need your WPI ID number and date of birth to log in.
To check the status of your financial aid application and paperwork, please visit http://www.wpi.edu/+fastatus. You will need your WPI ID number and date of birth to log in.
Additional Forms & Fees
Once you submit your application, the process doesn't end there. We need to receive your application support materials to complete your application file. Some of these items are included with the submission of the Common Application; others need to be sent from your school and teachers.
For first-year applicants:
- Secondary school report (a Common Application form) including high school transcript and letter of recommendation from College/Guidance Counselor
- Senior year grade report—grades from your senior year should come from your school on a transcript or should be included with the optional report or mid-year report forms (Common Application forms)
- Letter of recommendation from mathematics/science teacher
- WPI requires one recommendation from a math or science teacher. We welcome additional teacher recommendations, however in order for an application to be considered complete, a math or science recommendation must be received.
- Standardized test scores (SAT I or ACT) or Flex Path submission
- standardized test scores should be sent to WPI directly from the testing agency or reported on an official transcript or school document
- Flex Path submission cover sheet
- Scholarship supplement form (optional)
- Additional material cover sheet (optional)
- Home school applicant form (homeschool applicants only)
- $65 application fee
- WPI endorses the fee waiver policy of the College Entrance Examination Board and accepts fee waivers from high school guidance or college counselors
For transfer applicants only:
- College official's report
- Mid-term report (a Common Application form)
- $65 application fee
For international applicants only:
In addition to the items above, please include:
Submission Instructions for Additional Forms and Documents
WPI accepts electronic submissions of application support materials from secondary school counselors and teachers. Schools equipped to send electronic documents should upload them through the appropriate channel, and they will be matched with your application record.
Documents sent via UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS Express Mail, and other courier services should be addressed to:
WPI Undergraduate Admissions
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
All other documents, including all first class and priority USPS mail, should be addressed to:
WPI Undergraduate Admissions Processing Center
PO Box 480
Randolph, MA 02368-0480