- Apply early for admission and be notified of our decision early.
- Apply early for financial assistance and receive a financial aid package early.
- Stop wondering about the admissions process and start planning your freshman year.
- 2 rounds of application:
- Round 1: November 10 application deadline; December 20 decision notification
- Round 2: January 1 application deadline; February 10 decision notification
- Upon admission to WPI, you would have until May 1 to decide whether or not to attend WPI and confirm your acceptance with a nonrefundable $500 tuition deposit.
Can I apply for financial aid if I apply Early Action?
Of course! For either option you need to file a CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE which can be done online at College Board. Make sure to include WPI's college code number (3969) on this form. More information about financial aid filing deadlines...
Is that all?
There's one more step! As soon as possible after January 1, you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the Office of Federal Student Aid Programs. You can obtain this form from your high school guidance counselor or file the form online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. WPI's FAFSA six-digit school code of 002233. If you are selected for verification, you will need to submit signed copies of your and your parents’ most recent federal income tax returns and W-2 wage statements to the WPI Office of Financial Aid.
When do I pay the nonrefundable $500 deposit?
You have until May 1 to decide whether you will attend WPI and send in your tuition deposit.
What happens if I'm not admitted?
In most cases the Early Action decision is final (admit or deny). However, if the Admissions Committee believes your application deserves reconsideration later in the year, it may be deferred into the regular application pool. If you are deferred, you will be so notified and your application will be re-evaluated along with the regular decision candidates. You will be notified of our decision on or before April 1.
It's your move!
As you can see, there are benefits to applying through our early action option. If you want the benefit of early notification without an early commitment, consider Early Action. It's all up to you! If we can answer any questions for you about WPI or our early plans, please contact the Admissions Office at 508-831-5286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.