Applying as a Transfer Student
- Candidates must be enrolled in, or have recently completed, courses in calculus and in two laboratory sciences at the time of application.
- Candidates must have a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Candidates must be in good academic and disciplinary standing at their current institution.
WPI is a member of the Common Application which is the exclusive method by which to apply to the institution. Students are required to submit the following additional credentials:
- Non-refundable $65 application fee
- Official college transcripts for each post secondary institution attended
- Mid-Term Report
- Official, final high school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- One letter must be from a math or science instructor
- One letter may come from another academic instructor, advisor, or employer
- Resume or list of all work and school activity
- Registrar's Report
- Essay discussing the applicant's goals in transferring to WPI
International transfer students must also submit:
- English translations and credit evaluations for all official transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency, which may be demonstrated by means of TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB, or GCSE score reports (this requirement may be waived if college coursework is conducted in English)
- Proof of Financial Ability, demonstrationg funding for total cost of educational and living expenses (an I-20 will not be issued without this form)
The priority deadline for September admission (A-Term) is April 15; the priority deadline for January admission (C-Term) is November 15. Deadlines may be extended with pemission from the Admissions Office. Transfer admission review is rolling and an admissions decision may be reached before the deadline as long as all requested materials have been received.
WPI Admissions Office
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609