Having fun is an important part of a well-rounded college experience – and that includes participating in physical activities. We offer athletic activities for everyone, regardless of skill.
WPI has 20 varsity teams classified within the NCAA Division III. We enjoy membership in the ECAC, NEWMAC, FFC and the NECAC. WPI athletics has a long proud history and we have enjoyed our share of intercollegiate success in tournament, conference and national championships. We are equally proud of the accolades and awards bestowed each year on our student-athletes, including Scholar All-America, All-America, All-Region, All-New England and All-Conference honors.
The philosophy of the WPI Intramural Sports Program is to provide participants an opportunity to become involved in a group and /or individual activities for social interaction, physical conditioning and psychological development. The intramural program is designed to emphasize the importance of having fun.
The Club Sports Program features over 20 different sports and teams; students involved in club sports may compete against teams from area colleges and universities. Club Sports at WPI may be instructional, recreational and/or competitive, allowing students to learn new skills, improve existing skills, and enjoy recreational, competitive and social fellowship. Each club is formed, governed and administered by the student membership of that particular club, working with the club sports staff and an instructor or coach.
Spaces to Play
- Alumni Field and Track - football, soccer, field hockey, track & field, lacrosse
- Alumni Gym - wrestling, recreational and intramural sports, fitness center, bowling lanes, pool
- Harrington Auditorium - 3,000-seat venue for basketball and volleyball; squash and racquetball courts
- Class of 1893 Field - baseball, softball, rugby
- A.J. Knight Tennis Courts
- Donahue Rowing Center (one of the nation's best) on nearby Lake Quinsigamond