A WPI Education is a Smart Investment in Your Future
The economic outlook may be uncertain, but your future is not. Over the next decade, the job market for engineering and science will continue to grow, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor projections.
WPI is a smart investment. But don't just take our word for it. Here's what the experts are saying:
- Payscale.com ranks WPI graduates as having the 4th highest starting salaries among national universities.
- Members of the class of 2011 have received job offers ranging from $44,000 to as much as $92,000 from companies such as BAE Systems, National Grid, MIT/Lincoln Labs, Raytheon, Resonetics, Ze-gen, ExxonMobil, and the U.S. Department of Defense, to name a few.
- Starting salaries for the class of 2009 are $7,000 – $20,000 higher than the average, according to the National Colleges and Employers Association (NACE).
- NACE reports that the "Top Paid Bachelor's Degrees" are in the fields of chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, and civil engineering.
- Yahoo Hotjobs ranks engineering as the No.1 occupation in its "Staying Power: 5 Careers with Bright Futures" survey.
- WPI consistently has over 90 percent job and/or graduate school placement upon graduation.
As you would expect, WPI's graduation rates are well above the national averages (typically in the low 60 percent range for all institutions and in the low 70 percent range for four-year private institutions). The most recent comparable graduation rate for WPI was 75% and, over time, typically ranges from the mid 70 percent range up to the low 80 percent range, depending on the class. It is worth noting that our first-to-second year retention rate is very high, ranging from 91 to 95 percent in recent years.
Top Employers and Graduate Schools of Recent WPI Graduates
You'll find recent WPI graduates at more than 300 companies worldwide. Twenty percent of WPI's graduates go directly to graduate or professional schools, normally supported fully by scholarships and teaching assistantships.
It's never too early to start planning for the future. WPI's Career Development Center will help you prepare for your career and can help you find a job through JobFinder. Learn more…
“My project experiences at WPI were critical components that showed me how to be successful in the corporate world.”
- Michelle Petkers Gass
Head of EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) Starbucks