WPI Bioengineering Institute and MassMEDIC Offer Winter Session of Medical Device Management Certificate Program
Thursday Evening Program Begins February 3 at WPI's Waltham Campus
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE/January 20, 2005
Contact: WPI Media Relations, +1-508-831-5706
What: The Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council (MassMEDIC) and the Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) Bioengineering Institute is offering a winter session of its popular Medical Device Management Certificate program. This comprehensive course provides working professionals insight into key areas of the medical device industry, including financial strategies, product development, regulatory affairs, intellectual property, and more.
The information-packed program includes a series of 11 highly interactive lectures and workshops taught by leading industry practitioners to assist attendees in building knowledge in this growing field.
Key course topics:
- Medical device industry overview
- Understanding the medical device product development process
- Managing medical device intellectual property
- Sources of financing: where to find them, how to use them effectively
- Building a winning medical device management team
- Successful medical device design and manufacturing
- Integrating clinical research and reimbursement in the product development plan
- Marketing medical device products
- Avoiding pitfalls through an understanding of quality and regulatory issues
- Mergers, acquisitions and other medical device exit strategies
- Medical device industry case study
Who: This program is designed for anyone interested in starting or advancing a career in the medical device industry, including engineers, physicians, legal and financial professionals, scientists, and marketers. Whether new to the industry or already in the field and looking to expand opportunities, this program will help those who attend to grow professionally by providing key insights into what it takes to develop new products, and protect and manage intellectual property, understand financing strategies, and create a successful medical device company.
When: Thursday evenings, February 3 - April 14, 2005, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Where: WPI's Waltham Campus
60 Hickory Drive (off of Interstate 95/Route 128)
Registration/ More Info: To register or for more information, contact Elizabeth Stepien at 508-831-0926. Qualified enrollees will be eligible for a 50% tuition reimbursement through the Massachusetts MEP Innovation Program.