TIAA-CREF CEO Roger Ferguson to Speak at WPI Commencement
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) will hold its 144th Commencement exercises on Saturday, May 12. Roger W. Ferguson Jr., president and CEO of TIAA-CREF, will be this year’s Commencement speaker.
Saturday, May 12 at 11 a.m.
Processional starts at 10:30 a.m.; ceremony begins at 11 a.m.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, the Quadrangle, (rain location, Harrington Auditorium)
100 Institute Road, Worcester, Mass.
Roger Ferguson leads TIAA-CREF, a Fortune 100 financial services organization which helps more than 3.7 million individuals plan for retirement and reach financial well-being.
Prior to this, Mr. Ferguson served as Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of the U.S. Federal Reserve System from 1999 – 2006. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences and a member of the Academy's Commission on the Humanities and Social Sciences. He is a member of President Obama's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness and served on its predecessor, the Economic Recovery Advisory Board.
In addition, Mr. Ferguson is vice chairman of the Economic Club of New York and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the Harvard University Visiting Committee for the Memorial Church, and the Group of Thirty.
• Susan Windham-Bannister, President and CEO of the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center.
• Nancy Hopkins, Amgen Professor of Biology at MIT who is also known for her revolutionary work on gender equity issues in science.
• Robert L. Norton, Milton Prince Higgins II Distinguished Professor of Mechanical Engineering at WPI, an award-winning teacher recognized in industry and academia for his expertise in kinematics, cam design and manufacturing, and engineering education.
● Eileen Brangan Mell firstname.lastname@example.org, 508-831-6785 (office), 774-437-8767 (cell)
● Martin Luttrell at email@example.com, 508-831-4910 (office), 508-365-8409 (cell)
May 7, 2012