BattleCry SITREP 1, dtg 5May13/1335Z
Please confirm your plans as soon as possible. We have many teams on the ready reserves list and out of courtesy to them, would like to update their status ASAP.
All registered BC15 Challengers need to completely fill out their registration information ASAP. This includes additional food and t-shirt requests. The deadline for updating food & t-shirts is 9 May. Payment information can be found on the Invoice page of the registration web site.
Please note, although 10 t-shirts and meals are included in the registration fee, if your team does not fill out the request for these items you WILL NOT receive them.
BC15 is a 2-day tournament. All teams are expected to be in attendance all days. Teams who are not on-site Saturday morning will not be placed in the match schedule.
On-campus housing is available for BC15. To utilize on-campus housing, teams must sign up on the registration site. The deadline to register for dorm rooms is 9 May.
Single, Two-person, and Three-person rooms are available. Cost for the rooms is $45 per person. In order to utilize these rooms, teams must have chaperones who also stay in the dorm rooms. These chaperones must be approved by their school and must include at least one chaperone of the same gender as the students staying. Additional information on behavioral policies and contracts will be provided to those who sign up.
Each on-campus dorm room will contain one, two, or three twin beds with linens provided. Rooms do not have TVs, fans, or air-conditioning. The three person rooms have lofted beds ONLY.
Teams are also welcome to arrange their own stay at other hotels in and around Worcester. Cities like Auburn and Shrewsbury are within a 10-minute drive of WPI and may open up a wider variety of options.
3. Game Tweaks
4. Awards and Decorations
By Battlestaff decry, the following have been established for BC15:
- Campaign Medals (60) - One per each team that arrives on scene
- Medal of Honor (1) - BC's highest team award. Judges' award for the team that goes "above and beyond" the expectations of all FRC teams.
- Silver Star (1) - Judges' award for machine design elegance as demonstrated throughout the campaign.
- Distinguished Controls (1) - Judges' award for inspired robot-operator interaction as demonstrated through interface and/or programming excellence.
- Special Operations (1) - Judges' award for outstanding robot performance during the autonomous match periods.
- Noncombatant Service (1) - Judges' award for most outstanding team spirit or support displayed during the elimination matches by a team eliminated prior to the quarter-finals
- General Staff (3-4) - Judges' special recognition awards, criteria TBD
- Awesome Offense (1) - People's choice award to team with most scoring potential/performance
- Dominating Defense (1) - People's choice award to team with best score-neutralizing or score-denial potential/performance
- Best BattleCry (1) - Emcee's award for best spirit shown by a team during combat
- Air Superiority (1) - To the team that fields the top Human Player(s) in the Sunday contest
- Top Gun (1) - To the number one seed in qualifying
- Runners-Up (3) - To each team on the three-team alliance defeated in the final match
- Victors (3) - To each team on the three-team alliance that wins the tournament
- BattleCry STAR - Special Team Appreciation & Recognition award, adult mentor award presented by team selected by STAR reviewers (see below)
5. BattleCry STAR
Student team members are encouraged to submit nominations for their outstanding adult mentor. These nominations are due by 9-May (electronic format required to email@example.com, 500 words or less) and will be reviewed and judged by past STAR winners. Student members of the winning team will be notified by 15 May and offered the opportunity to publicly announce their champion during the awards ceremony.
6. Robot Photos
Please upload photos of your robot using the photo upload page at the registration site. The photos should clearly show your robot and be full resolution .jpg images from your camera.
7. Call for Volunteers
Like any event, BC relies on volunteers to successfully run our tournament. We could still use several volunteers from setup through the completion of the event. Additionally, even if you can only offer a few hours of support, we could particularly use assistance on Friday evening managing our BBQ and Team Social. If you are available to volunteer for any or all of the event, please sign up ASAP here: http://tinyurl.com/bc15volsMaintained by firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: May 05, 2014 13:11:14