WPI FIRST Regional
Each March, WPI hosts an official FIRST Tournament featuring 40 teams from all over the world! FIRST is a program designed to inspire high school students to pursue higher education and careers in science, technology, and engineering through hands-on mentorship from people in those fields.
Each team has 6 weeks to build a robot to compete in the same game. They then ship their robots to regional tournaments all over the world to ally and compete with their peers. WPI has been hosting a regional since 2010, and a crowds of 1500 high school students, their mentors, and families are expected to attend.
These events are free and open to the public of all ages.
Current year information can always be found on the NEFIRST.org website: http://www.nefirst.org/portfolio/ma-wpi/
- Event Location: The event will take place at Harrington Auditorium & the Sports and Recreation Center on the main WPI Campus. Address is 100 Institute Rd., Worcester, MA 01609.
- Agenda: Public Agenda is available from FIRST
- Team and spectator parking is available on the streets surrounding WPI
- Team and spectator parking is available in WPI parkings lots with a parking pass.
- BUSES AND LARGE VANS ONLY may park on the opposite side of Institute Road (signed for no parking). Worcester Police have granted special permission for parking during this event.
- See our drop-off map and map of area parking.
- Outside food is welcome in the venue.
- Limited on-site and on-campus food options are available.
- We have provided a map of restaurants within walking distance.
- Webcast: The event will be webcast over the nefirst.org stream.
- List of Competitors and other general event information can be found on the FIRST website.
- FIRST will post match results, standings, and awards as they become available.
- In the event of inclement weather, please check the FIRST website (usfirst.org) for any information on delays, etc. Remember that the safety of your team is paramount!