MASH / Tutor Application
Peer Tutor/MASH Leader Job Description
Basic Function And Responsibility
Peer Tutors and MASH (Math & Science Help) Leaders are hired and trained to provide academic assistance to students enrolled in selected courses by offering daily sessions in the Academic Resources Center.
Peer Tutors meet one-on-one with a student and work together on any questions the student may have about the course material.
MASH Leaders facilitate collaborative learning sessions for groups of students three times each week, and attend the course throughout the term in order to stay current on the curriculum the students will need help with.
- Attend all training sessions throughout the term.
- Be present for all scheduled tutoring hours in the Academic Resources Center.
- Make recommendations to students for additional academic assistance as appropriate.
- Refer students to the Advisor for Academic Support and Learning Resources for additional assistance with study skills as appropriate.
- Overall good academic performance; excellent performance in selected course(s).
- Content-competency (to be determined by the department) is required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (to be determined by the supervisor) are required.
How to Become a Tutor
Tutors and MASH Leaders are students at WPI who promote academic success on campus and provide support to their peers. We seek energetic, compassionate, and dedicated students with good social skills and good judgment who are committed to helping their peers with their academic work.
Applications for the 2013-2014 academic year will be accepted through 4 pm February 1st. You can submit your application electronically by filling out the application below. Your application must be received by February 1st to be considered. Applications are reviewed by the Advisor for Academic Support and Learning Resources who will then contact you to schedule an interview to take place at the during C term.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Kim Yeomans (firstname.lastname@example.org).