Identify your interests, skills and values:
- Make thoughtful and well-planned decisions in the selection of a major and career requires understanding of your interests, skills and values along with knowing the majors that best match your interests.
- Take a self-assessment inventory to help you identify your interests, skills, and values. Make an appointment with a career counselor.
Explore potential careers that would relate to your major:
- Meet with a career counselor for a one-on-one appointment.
- Visit companies where professionals in the field work.
- Attend Company Information Sessions.
- Participate in Career Fairs and speak with employers.
- Interview or shadow professionals.
Explore majors at WPI:
- Speak with upper-class students in the majors that interest you.
- Read CDC Major Binders on each major available in the CDC Library.
- Review the Majors and Careers by major.
- Speak with faculty regarding details about coursework and majors.
- Enroll in the Discovering Majors and Careers course.
- Volunteer in a laboratory or research center
Develop a Career Plan:
- Once you have identified a possible career choice, develop a plan that enhances your employment opportunities.
- Meet with your academic advisor to develop your degree plan.
- Meet with a career counselor for a one-on-one appointment to explore internship and co-op opportunities.