Hitchcock Dinner with Entrepreneurs
Launched in 2001 with support from the John E. and Jeanne T. Hughes Foundation, Dinner With Entrepreneurs brings students together with entrepreneurs in a dinner setting. WPI students enjoy time with entrepreneurs, getting to learn about entrepreneurship. The upcoming season is funded by alumni Jeremy and Elizabeth (Cash) Hitchcock.
- network in a business setting with company Founders, CEOs, Presidents, Investors;
- meet and mingle with entrepreneurs;
- witness the entrepreneurial mindset in action;
- explore entrepreneurship as a career choice;
- discuss your own business ideas;
- learn about resources to help launch a business; and
- meet like-minded peers who might partner with you to launch a business.
Most cited reasons for attending the dinners
- "...meeting business and social venture CEOs, Founders, and Presidents."
- "...finding a support network for developing my business idea."
- "...learning and practicing networking skills."
- "...found an internship in a start-up biotech company."
- "...gained skills, practice, and confidence in networking."
- "...great food and conversation!"
- check the schedule below;
- register because seats are limited to ensure high-impact networking;
- you are making an impression - dress neat;
- dinners are free to WPI students and others by invitation;
- cancellations: please notify "cei(at)wpi.edu" at least 24 hours in advance. Please allow a wait listed student to attend in your place as dinners are costly and cannot be cancelled;
- Wait-listed students will be notified as openings become available.
Get prepared in advance - networking know-how in 30 minutes!
Thirty minutes prior to each dinner, networking skills are learned and practiced. Arrive at the Higgins House at 5:30 p.m.
- Overcome common networking hurdles.
- Learn networking etiquette.
- Practice new networking skills before the dinner to use at the dinner.