WPI Yellow Ribbon Program
WPI Yellow Ribbon Scholarship Program for Undergraduate and Graduate students
The WPI Yellow Ribbon Applications for both undergraduate and graduate students will be available on the WPI Office of Financial Aid website (below) in early June 2015.
The Yellow Ribbon Program allows institutions of higher learning (degree-granting colleges and universities) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. Participating schools can waive up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution.
The WPI Office of Financial Aid is pleased to announce our participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program of the Post 9/11 Veterans’ Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The Yellow Ribbon Program is a partnership between WPI and the Veterans’ Administration (VA) to assist eligible students with educational expenses. For the 2015-2016 academic year, WPI will award six (6)* WPI Yellow Ribbon Scholarships to undergraduate students and two (2) WPI Yellow Ribbon Scholarships to graduate students on a first-come, first-served basis.
For Undergraduate Students:
For the 2015-2016 academic year there are two (2) undergraduate Yellow Ribbon Scholarship available as the remaining 4 (four) scholarships are committed to prior year students
2015-2016 WPI Yellow Ribbon Program
- WPI will participate in Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP) for the 2015 – 2016 academic year.
- WPI will provide six (6) undergraduate students and two (2) graduate students with Yellow Ribbon scholarships on a first-come, first-served basis.
- WPI will contribute up to $10,000 per student per year (Fall and Spring semesters only) which will be matched by the Veterans Administration. WPI Yellow Ribbon Scholarship funds cannot be used during term E (summer ).
- Only students entitled to the maximum benefit rate, based on service requirements, may receive this funding.
- Once selected, undergraduate students will be confirmed as a Yellow Ribbon Program participant for the shorter of the two following periods; 16 terms (4 years) of enrollment at WPI or completion of student’s Bachelor Degree requirements as long as WPI continues to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program and VA education benefits still apply.
- Once selected, graduate students will be confirmed as a Yellow Ribbon Program participant for the shorter of the two following periods; 8 semesters (4 years) of enrollment at WPI or completion of student’s Master or Ph.D degree requirements as long as WPI continues to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program and VA education benefits still apply.
- Students awarded a WPI Yellow Ribbon Scholarship must remain continuously enrolled with no leaves of absence.
- Students awarded a WPI Yellow Ribbon Scholarship must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by WPI.
- Students on active duty are not eligible to receive Yellow Ribbon benefits.
In order to apply for the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship at WPI, you must complete the following steps:
1). Obtain your Yellow Ribbon Certificate of Eligibility from the Veteran’s Administration. You can do this by contacting the VA at 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) or online (http://www.gibill.va.gov). Upon completion of the application, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility advising you if your service meets the requirements for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
2). Complete the WPI Yellow Ribbon Application (available here early June 2015) and mail it into the WPI Office of Financial with your Yellow Ribbon Certificate of Eligibility to the following address:
WPI Office of Financial Bartlett Center 100 Institute Road Worcester, MA 01609
WPI Yellow Ribbon Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis determined by the date of receipt of all completed application requirements
3). Once applications are received and reviewed, students will be contacted in writing by the WPI Office of Financial Aid.