Recognizing those who have given $1,000,000 to $2,499,999
The 1865 Society is named for WPI’s founding year. Inspired by John Boynton’s leadership and transformational investment to create “a scientific school in Worcester, upon the condition that our citizens shall furnish the necessary land and buildings,” the citizens of Worcester and its business community contributed to the construction of the WPI’s first building, Boynton Hall.
Members of the 1865 Society are among a timeless cadre of philanthropists who envision a future of infinite opportunity for the university. The 1865 Society recognizes the generous alumni and friends who continue to carry forward the community effort that created WPI.
- Welcome Package
- Society-specific lapel pin
- Special recognition gift
- Recognition on a campus monument to WPI’s most generous benefactors
- Invitations to exclusive events such as the 1865 Society Dinner
- Special access to theater and music performances, private tours, lectures, seminars, competitions, and exhibits
- 15% off your purchases at the WPI campus bookstore