OASIS Cultural Center
Offering Acceptance, Support, and Inclusion to Students
The primary goals of the Oasis House are:
- To give all WPI students a place to build a community; and
- To provide a centralized location for all WPI students to meet and study in a warm and relaxing environment.
The Oasis House is located at 20 Schussler Road, Worcester, MA 01609.
The Oasis House is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. During the evenings when WPI classes are in session, the house is open evenings Sunday through Thursday from 5:00pm-11:00pm and on Friday evenings from 5:00pm-8:00 pm. The Oasis House is closed on Saturday and Sunday, however WPI Staff and WPI Student Groups may be able to secure reservations within the spaces at the OASIS House with more than 24-48 hours advance notice.
Reservations are made by Scheduling a Meeting with the requested time and date(s) via Outlook/Outlook Calendar with the corresponding room:
- Oasis Conference Room (Mini-Tech Suite/Conference Room/Computer Lab)
- Oasis House (Common Area Only)
- Oasis House Kitchen (Kitchen/Backyard/Grille)
**Please note that the House and all its Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
The Oasis House provides the following facilities:
- Accessibility to people with disabilities
- A conference room/tech suite that accommodates approximately 8-10 people. The conference room also houses the computer lab with internet access
- A comfortable common room with a television, sofas, and chairs. The living room includes one additional computer with internet access
- A well-stocked kitchen with pots, pans, and kitchen utensils
- Unisex restrooms
- Free Network B/W printer (bring your own paper)
- Large backyard with charcoal grill
Students must provide 24-48 hours advance notice for tables and chairs for parties and events held within the House. Students can reserve tables and chairs at no cost. All Outdoor Grill requests require 48 hours advanced notice.
Reservations cannot be taken by calling the Oasis House/Office of Multicultural Affairs. All requests for spaces are managed via Outlook.