OASIS Cultural Center
Offering Acceptance, Support and Inclusion to Students
The primary goals of the Oasis House are:
- To give all students a place to build a community; and
- To provide a centralized location for all students to study and meet in a warm and relaxing atmosphere.
The Oasis House is located at 20 Schussler Street, Worcester, MA 01609.
The Oasis House is open Monday through Friday from 8am until 5pm by professional staff.
During the evenings when WPI Classes are in session, the house is open:
Sunday – Thursday 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Friday 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday Closed: Open upon request (24-48 hours advance notice)
Saturday & Sunday Mornings/Afternoons: Open upon request (24-48 hours advance notice)
The House and its Facilities can be reserved by student groups for special events by reserving the space via Outlook at: email@example.com. The Conference Room can reserved by student groups, WPI Staff and Faculty by by reserving the space via Outlook at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note that the House and Conference Room/Tech Suite are available on a first come, first served basis.
The facility provides the following:
- Accessibility to people with disabilities
- A comfortable, home-like atmosphere (not "institutional")
- A comfortable living room with a television, sofas and chairs as well as a student internet access computer
- A well stocked kitchen with numerous pots, pans, kitchen utensils and baking pans that are available for student use, as well as paper goods
- Unisex restrooms
- A conference room/tech suite that accommodates approximately 8-10 people
- Conference room also houses the computer lab with internet access
- Free Printer Use (Bring Your Own Paper)
- Large backyard with use of charcoal grille
24-48 hours advance notice for tables and chairs for parties and events held within the House. Tables and chairs reserved at no cost.