OASIS Cultural Center
Offering Acceptance, Support, and Inclusion to Students
The primary goals of the Oasis House are:
- To give all WPI students a place to build a community; and
- To provide a centralized location for all WPI students to meet and study in a warm and relaxing environment.
The Oasis House is located at 20 Schussler Road, Worcester, MA 01609.
The Oasis House is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm during normal busisness days. During the evenings when WPI classes are in session, the house is normally open evenings Sunday through Thursday from 5:00pm-11:00pm and on Friday evenings from 5:00pm-8:00 pm. The Oasis House is closed during the day on Saturday and Sunday, however WPI Staff and WPI Student Groups may be able to secure reservations within the spaces at the OASIS House with more than 24-48 hours advance notice.
January 26 - 27, 2015:
OASIS House will be closed from January 26th 2015 until January 27th, 2015, due to Winter Storm Juno. No events will be approved during this time and any and all sheduled events will need to be resheduled. The facilities will reopen once WPI resumes classes.
Reservations are made by Scheduling a Meeting with the requested time and date(s) using the corresponding room:
- Oasis Conference Room (Mini-Tech Suite/Conference Room/Computer Lab)
- In a meeting request, add the following room: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oasis House (Common Area Only)
- In a meeting request, add the following room: email@example.com
- Oasis House Kitchen (Kitchen/Backyard/Grille)
- In a meeting request, add the following room: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that the House and all its Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis. Requestors will recivie an email stating OASIS has recivied your request. if not, please email email@example.com directly.
The Oasis House provides the following facilities:
- Accessibility to people with disabilities
- A conference room/tech suite that accommodates approximately 8-10 people. The conference room also houses the computer lab with internet access
- A comfortable common room with a television, sofas, and chairs. The living room includes one additional computer with internet access
- A well-stocked kitchen with pots, pans, and kitchen utensils
- Unisex restrooms
- Free Network B/W printer (bring your own paper)
- Large backyard with charcoal grill
Students must provide 24-48 hours advance notice for tables and chairs for parties and events held within the House. Students can reserve tables and chairs at no cost. All Outdoor Grill requests require 48 hours advanced notice.
** Reservations cannot be taken by walk-ins or calling the Oasis House/Office of Multicultural Affairs. All requests for spaces are managed via Outlook. Inquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.