Weather-related Closings and Delays
When a weather event such as a snowstorm is expected to interfere with safe travel to and from campus or otherwise affect the safe operation of the campus, WPI may delay the start of classes or cancel classes for the day. A decision to close or delay opening of the university will be made by the Provost and the Executive Vice President early in the morning on the day classes are impacted. When the university opens as usual in the morning, but it becomes necessary to close at a later point (whether during the day or for evening classes or programs), a decision will be made by the Provost and the Executive Vice President as soon as conditions warrant.
Communication at the time of the decision and as conditions progress will be handled as follows, and as circumstances allow:
- An email will be sent to the WPI Community.
- Radio and television stations will be notified (see list below).
- The WPI Alert System will be activated, including automatic contact via phone, text, and email.
- The WPI homepage will be updated.
- The WPI closing/delay line will be activated, (508) 831-5744.
- The official WPI Facebook page and Twitter account (@WPI) will provide updates.
TV and Radio Stations
When there is a closure or delayed opening, WPI will notify the following broadcast stations:
- Channel 4 WBZ-TV, CBSBoston.com
- Channel 5 WCVB-TV, wcvb.com
- Channel 7 WHDH-TV, whdh.com
- Channel 56, WLVI-TV
- WTAG 580 AM & 94.9 FM, wtag.com
- WSRS 96.1 FM
- WXLO 104.5 FM
- WORC 98.9 FM
- WWFX 100.1 FM
Last modified: November 26, 2013 14:11:48