Content: Responsibility for Page Content
All individuals who wish to have their pages linked from the WPI Web server must:
- Create their pages in accordance with WPI's Acceptable Use Policy and all other university rules and regulations. Exceptions must be approved by the UDC Governance Committee.
- Observe copyright laws by ensuring that permission is received from copyright holders before including any materials created by these copyright holders. Such materials include, but are not limited to the following: text, photographs, graphics, audio clips, video clips, and multimedia.
- Follow the applicable requirements outlined in the Guidelines & Requirements section.
- Consult with the Web Operations Department on the creation of new pages or redesign of existing ones.The Web Operations Department can provide valuable advice on design, content conventions on the Web and effective alternative approaches for achieving your online goals.
Before a department, office or center may link its pages to the WPI Web server, it must designate a faculty or staff member who will be responsible for creating and maintaining the information in those pages. In the absence of a faculty or staff contact person, the department, office or center head will be considered the responsible person. Recognized student organizations must designate a WPI student who will be responsible for maintaining the content of its pages. Students must have a staff or faculty member who agrees to act as an approver for student created contents.
The designated individual will be registered with the Webmaster as the official contact person and will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the gathering of information from the department, center or organization represented.
- Regularly updating the content of all pages and noting the date of the most recent update on each page.
- Identifying a replacement contact person when appropriate.
Last modified: Jun 26, 2008, 14:11 EDT