This state-of-the-art residence hall on Boynton Street, on WPI’s lower campus, features apartment-style housing for more than 230 upperclassmen.
East Hall is compatible with WPI’s mission to foster innovation and creativity. The building features recreation and fitness space, tech suites on each floor, and meeting rooms on the ground floor for group projects. It is air-conditioned, and has wireless access. The site features a parking garage, a courtyard, and a green roof.
The green roof of East Hall is a collaborative project with a commercial nursery. WPI students designed the modules of live plants that serve to absorb storm wastewater and also to insulate the building.
Following WPI’s commitment to sustainable development, this residence hall was designed as a green building and achieved LEED-Gold level certification.
Learn more about East Hall:
- WPI's East Hall Awarded LEED-Gold Level Certification
- East Hall Building Guide (1.4 mb, pdf)
- Residential Services Fall 2008 East Hall newsletter (1.2 mb, pdf)
- Singles: 148
- Doubles: 40
- 1 Person Studios, 4 Person Suites (2 Singles, 1 Double), 4 Person Suites (4 Singles)
- Total Occupancy: 232
- Tech Suites
- Game Room
- Bike Storage
- Game Room
- Common Rooms in Suite
- Bathrooms in Suite
- Kitchens In Suites
- Access to East parking garage (additional fee)