Living with a Roommate
For many of you, this will be your first experience living away from home. For some, it will be your first experience sharing a room.
Certainly roommates do not need to be best friends, but our hope is that you will learn to feel comfortable living together. It's important that you take the time to learn about each other—what you like or dislike, your personalities, backgrounds, and sleep and study habits. This is important even if you have been friends before coming to WPI. The following resources are designed to help roommates get to know each other, and avoid conflicts that may arise. Residents are also encouraged to bring any issues to their Resident Advisor who is trained to handle, and help alleviate, situations that may arise between roommates.
- What to Bring to Campus
- Getting Acquainted (.pdf, 122kb)
- Determining Study Habits (.pdf, 120kb)
- Personal/Lifestyle Habits (.pdf, 125kb)
- Roommate Bill of Rights (.pdf, 60kb)
- Resolving Conflicts Between Roommates (.pdf, 135kb)