Resident Advisors are the core of the residential life staff and are responsible for residents in a particular section or floor of a residence hall. Resident Advisors (RAs) are selected for their leadership skills, enthusiasm, organizational skills, maturity, and willingness to help others. They contribute a great deal to the living and learning community at WPI. RAs assist residents with social or personal concerns, answer questions about the campus, explain and enforce WPI policies, respond to emergency situations, submit work order requests, and are available when help is needed for any reason.
Show Us Your Magic and Become an RA
Applications will be available in October 2011 for students interested in serving as Resident Advisors for the 2012-2013 academic year. Please check the Important Dates & Deadlines calendar for the exact date that applications will be available.
Below is everything you need to succeed in the Resident Advisor application process:
- Check out the Resident Advisor Job Description to make sure that you are interested.
- Attend an information session or visit an info table on one of our scheduled dates.
- Pick up an application from the Office of Residential Services, or download a copy of the application.
- Return your completed application to the Office of Residential Services in East Hall by Wednesday, December 14th at 5:00pm
- Attend a group interview.
- Attend an individual interview and a round robin interview.
If you know a great potential candidate please nominate them to become an RA.
If you have any questions about the process please email Matthew Foster, Complex Coordinator.