RA Selection 2014-2015
There's No Place Like Residential Services.
Pull back the curtain and apply to be a Resident Advisor.
- Do you feel there is room for another 10 hour a week time commitment in your schedule?
- Do you feel you could approach a resident about a personal concern that has been brought to your attention?
- Would you feel comfortable assisting a student from an underrepresented group (e.g., student with a disability, gay/lesbian/bisexual, African American, Hispanic, etc)?
- Are you able to confront other people's behaviors in a constructive manner?
- Can you remain objective and fair when dealing with a conflict involving your friends and fellow staff members?
- Are you able to react and express yourself clearly in a tense situation?
- Do you know when someone is asking for help, but is not directly verbalizing their need?
- Is the satisfaction of knowing you did your best enough for you?
- When faced with criticism, are you flexible?
If you have answered yes to most of these questions you are strongly encouraged to continue in this process and look at the below job description.
|RA Info Party||11/5||7pm-9pm||Odeum C|
|RA Info Table at FallFest||11/6||9am-5pm||Wedge|
|Info Table||11/11||11am-2pm||Campus Center|
|Info Session||11/14||11am-12pm||Mid Century CC|
|Info Session||11/22||5:30pm-6:30pm||East Hall|
|Info Table||12/4||12pm-3pm||Campus Center|
|Individual Interviews||1/27-1/31||TBD||East Hall|
|Decisions Go Out||2/4||TBD|
|Contacts Due Back||2/7||5pm||East Hall|
All full-time WPI students are eligible for RA positions provided their academic record does not hold a status of academic warning, probation, or suspension at the end of B-Term 2013 and are in community standing in regards to their conduct record. Successful candidates must have achieved at least sophomore status by the start of the Fall 2014 term.
Resident Advisors receive a single room in an assigned hall/house free of charge. They also receive ½ of a 14, 19, or 200 meal plan. RA staff members are required to be on a residential meal plan, regardless of where they are assigned to live. Please note that this compensation is considered a financial resource and financial aid candidates selected as RA’s may have an adjustment made in the self-help category of their aid package. If you feel that this may apply to you, we recommend that you speak with Financial Aid to see how the RA position may affect your aid. Financial status is not considered as a factor in selecting RA’s.