RA Selection 2015-2016
Choose Your Powerup
Apply to be a Resident Advisor.
- Do you feel there is room for another 10 hour a week time commitment in your schedule?
- Do you feel you could approach a resident about a personal concern that has been brought to your attention?
- Would you feel comfortable assisting a student from an underrepresented group (e.g., student with a disability, gay/lesbian/bisexual, African American, Hispanic, etc)?
- Are you able to confront other people's behaviors in a constructive manner?
- Can you remain objective and fair when dealing with a conflict involving your friends and fellow staff members?
- Are you able to react and express yourself clearly in a tense situation?
- Do you know when someone is asking for help, but is not directly verbalizing their need?
- Is the satisfaction of knowing you did your best enough for you?
- When faced with criticism, are you flexible?
If you have answered yes to most of these questions you are strongly encouraged to read through the application, attend an info session/table, or speak to a current RA.
|Info Table||11/5||11am-2pm||Campus Center|
|RA Info Party||11/13||7pm-9pm||Odeum|
|RA Individual Interview||1/14||TBD||East Hall|
|RA Group Process||1/24||TBD||TBD|
|Decisions Go Out||1/30||TBD|
|Contracts Due Back||2/2||5pm||East Hall|
All full-time WPI students are eligible for RA positions provided their academic record does not hold a status of academic warning, probation, or suspension at the end of B-Term 2014 and are in community standing in regards to their conduct record. Successful candidates must have achieved at least sophomore status by the start of the Fall 2015 term.