Are you ready to become a member of WPI’s vibrant community of fraternities and sororities? Joining is easy! Here, we’ll tell you everything you need to know.
- First year & transfer students must pass 2/3 of their A Term courses. Students taking the semester-long math course must have earned 2/3 credits, not including the semester long course, as no grade will have been earned in the course at the time of Formal Recruitment.
- Upperclass students must have passed an average of 2/3 of their courses & must be in good standing academically.
- Freshman are NOT allowed in fraternity houses at any time during A Term. Violation of this rule will lead to Recruitment ineligibility.
You’ll meet a lot of new people and participate in fun activities during new member recruitment where you will
- Attend information sessions to learn about each fraternity and/or sorority
- Take a tour of the fraternity or sorority houses, where you’ll meet members and learn more about the chapters
- Sign your bid (or invitation to join) from the chapter you’ve chosen to join
- Participate in a variety of new member education activities, such as meetings about chapter history, values, and songs
Fraternity New Member Recruitment begins the first day of B Term and continues through December. If you have any questions regarding New Member Recruitment, e-mail IFC Recruitment Chairman, Elliott Wiegman, email@example.com, or the Greek Advisor, Emily Perlow, firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Fraternity Recruitment Events|
|November 3||IFC Showcase and Casino Night||2:00 p.m. and 7:00pm||Odeum||Come learn about the 13 fraternities on campus and win prizes in the process!|
|November 4 and 5||House Tours||6:00 p.m.||Wedge||House tours allow you to see the inside of all the fraternity houses, meet the members, and learn about each chapter. You will visit half of the houses each night.|
|December 6||Bid night||8:00 p.m.||Odeum||Sign your bid on this night.|
Sorority New Member Recruitment begins the first day of B Term and ends in mid November. If you have any questions regarding Sorority Recruitment please contact the Panhellenic VP of Recruitment, Rachael Matty, email@example.com, or the Greek Advisor, Emily Perlow, firstname.lastname@example.org .
|Sorority Recruitment Events|
|Start of B-Term until November 2||Registration||Campus Center and Morgan Dining Commons||All Day|
|November 3||House Tours||Wedge||12:30 p.m.|
|November 12||Recruitment Round 1||Wedge||6:00 p.m|
|November 15||Recruitment Round 2||Wedge||6:00 p.m|
|November 17||Recruitment Round 3||Wedge||1:30 p.m|
|November 20||Preference Parties - a formal event that gives you one last chance to spend time with the sisters before you make your final decision||Wedge||5:30 p.m|
|November 22||Bid Day||Odeum||6:00 p.m|