Why Become a Recognized Student Organization?
Some of the benefits recognized student organizations are entitled to include the ability to:
- Schedule and use WPI facilities;
- Apply for funds from SGA and/or other campus sources;
- Associate WPI's name with that of the organization;
- Be included in WPI publications when appropriate;
- Have a campus mailbox in SAO;
- Have a WPI account with the Business Office;
- Have a myWPI community group;
- Sponsor campus programs and activities;
- Apply for a copier code for the copy machine in the Student Organizations Suite on the third floor of the Campus Center.
- Apply for a student organization file cabinet or locker in the Student Organizations Suite.
- Obtain assistance from the Student Activities Office in matters of finance, programming, liability, etc.
Additionally, the Student Activities Office provides the following services for recognized organizations:
- Information on recognized organizations and the names of their officers and advisors to interested students, organizations and departments. Information is updated on a continual basis.
- All recognized clubs and organizations should have a mailbox in SAO. Individuals wishing to contact just one organization, or all of them through a bulk mailing, are permitted to leave mail in the boxes.
- For organizations sponsoring fund-raisers or recruitment programs, the Campus Center Administrative Office provides tables for use in public areas.
- The SAO staff is available to answer questions regarding an organization's financial paperwork and to research current transactions. All the forms necessary to process account transactions are available on the Information for Student Organizations page of the Accounting Web site.
- The staff is willing help an organization brainstorm fundraising or programming ideas.
- Recognized organizations may have posters and flyers placed in the Campus Center bulletin boards to help publicize their events.