Physicians Leadership Development Program
Through collaboration between UMass Memorial Medical Group and the Healthcare Delivery Institute at WPI, this unique program has been developed to enhance leadership and management skills for today's physicians. Participants learn about topics that are relevant to the current healthcare arena and to their everyday professional responsibilities.
The program is designed to benefit key individuals within healthcare organizations who have been nominated as ready to learn and advance their leadership careers. Delivery is in a blended-learning format combining self-study, team and traditional classroom learning, and project work. The program is fully customizable by organization, with flexibility in covered topics, scheduling and desired learning outcomes. Below is a sampling of possible topics.
- Establishing a framework for performance excellence and strategic planning
- Making informed financial decisions
- Redesigning processes through LEAN
- Influence, negotiation and conflict management
- Effective leadership for organizational change
- New care models, tort reform and new regulations
- The world of payer relationships
- Harnessing IT to support better care
- Participative management and the criticality of emotional intelligence
- Presentation skills
The 3 graduate credits earned can later be applied to a WPI Graduate Certificate in Management, WPI Master of Science in Management, or WPI MBA. CME credits are also available.
To find out more about bringing the Physicians Leadership Development Program into your organization, contact the Office of Corporate and Professional Education.