MATLAB Programming for Continuum Mechanics
INSTRUCTOR: Adriana Hera
The training session illustrates how to use Matlab to solve the following continuum mechanics problems:
1. Given the stress tensor, find the stress invariants, the principal stresses and cosine directions.
2. Find and plot the stress distribution in a thin plate with a circular hole subjected to a static uniform tensile loading.
The following topics are covered:
1. Matrices, Matrix Operations and Functions;
2. User defined functions;
3. Data visualization (2D and 3D graphs , Interactive Plotting)
4. Publishing the results to HTML.
(Prerequisites: Knowledge of basic commands of Matlab)
This course is intended for: Administrators, Alumni, Faculty, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate StudentsBack