Using ATC Digital Cameras - Canon PowerShot A570
Digital cameras can be borrowed from the ATC. Visit the ATC in Fuller Labs, call x5220, or send e-mail to email@example.com for information on borrowing a digital camera.
Preparing the Canon PowerShot A570 for Taking Photos
- Insert the battery into the battery compartment on the camera. The battery compartment is located on the bottom of the camera.
- Insert the memory card into the camera. The memory card slot is on the bottom, if holding the camera as you would normally to take a photo.
- Turn the dial mode on the top of the camera to "Auto" and the mode to "Camera."
- Power the camera on. The lens may zoom out and you will see a blinking green light on the back of the camera indicating that it is in the process of becoming ready to take photos.
AA Batteries should have been installed in the camera when you checked it out from the ATC. If you did not receive batteries, or if they seem to be dead, contact the ATC.
- Now that the camera is on, you should be able to see on the screen on the back of the camera. If it is very bright outside and you cannot see your image, you can also look through the view finder to frame your image shot.
- To zoom in and out, use the dial and knob at the top of the camera.
- To take the photograph, press down on the shutter button on the top of the camera.
- After the photo has taken, you see the picture momentarily on the camera monitor. If you did not get a chance to review your picture before it disappeared, you can slide the mode button to "Play" to review your photo.
- Power off the camera when you are finished taking pictures.
Downloading Photos from the Camera to Your PC
- Connect the USB cord included in the camera case to the digital camera.
- Plug the other end of the USB cord into an available USB slot on your computer.
- Set the mode to "Play" and power the camera on.
- Your computer should automatically recognize the device as a removable storage device.
- Open this drive and navigate through DCIM > 100CANON to retrieve the JPEG images on the camera.
- Drag these files to a folder on your PC to copy the images from the camera to your PC.
- When you have finished copying all the pictures to your PC, delete them all from the camera by dragging them to your PC’s Recycle Bin on your desktop. Confirm the delete.
- You can now disconnect the reader from your PC and power off the camera.
Last modified: Sep 29, 2009, 14:42 EDT