Course Design Technology Grants: Eligibility and Criteria
All WPI full-time faculty members are eligible to apply for a Course Design Technology Grant. Teams of faculty who want to collaborate on a joint project are also encouraged to apply. Part-time adjunct faculty are welcome to apply to the program with a full-time faculty member.
To be awarded a grant, faculty must submit an application outlining specific challenges they are facing in a course they are scheduled to teach within the next two years. The application also requires faculty to submit a budget, ideas for evaluating their course design project, and ideas for sharing their experience with others at WPI and beyond. Grantees are responsible for consulting with WPI’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) to determine if the project involves human subjects and constitutes exempt or non-exempt activity.
Proposals will be evaluated by members of the EDC and the ATC on the following criteria:
- Significance of the teaching challenge and the potential impact on student learning by designing the course and incorporating technology.
- Initial ideas for evaluating the impact of the course design on student learning.
- Plans for sharing the course design experience with others (i.e. making a presentation at a Food for Thought session or department meeting).
- Project's overall feasibility, likelihood of success, and alignment with the stated goals of the program.
- Cost effectiveness and how the grant will enable the proposed work.
Last modified: Nov 16, 2010, 08:45 EST