Network Drive Mapping On Campus (Windows OS)
NOTE:If you are off-campus, you need to run the VPN before mapping the drive. Visit the VPN site for instructions.
- Right-click on the My Computer icon.
- Click on "Map Network Drive..."
- Click on the down arrow next to the Drive text box.
- Select a free drive letter such as "R:"
- In the path field, type the path you wish to map to. View example paths.
- Check The Reconnect at logon box if you want this share to automatically map after every reboot.
Personal computers will require you to enter login credentials to map the drive.
- On Windows 7, select Connect using different credentials, click Finish, then enter your WPI username & password.
- All other Windows operating systems, click on different user name then enter your WPI username & password.
Use domain\username format in the username field. Set the domain to be ADMIN.
- Click Finish.
Troubleshooting (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is my username?You can use your e-mail address as your username: email@example.com.
What is my password?The password needed to map the network drive or connect to the domain is the same one used when logging into Windows computers on campus.
What if I forgot my password?Students can reset their Windows password on the Account Maintenance page.
Faculty and Staff will need to call the CCC Helpdesk at 508-831-5888 (x5888 on campus) and request that their password be reset.
Where can I find the paths for commonly mapped drives?See the Paths page.
What if I have another question?Other questions that have not been answered here can be directed to the CCC Helpdesk.
Last modified: Apr 25, 2011, 16:26 EDT