Community Leadership Experience
- Do you have great ideas and want to share your vision with your peers?
- Are you interested in learning and developing a student - led experience?
- Would you like to build or strengthen your project management skills?
The Community Leadership Experience is designed to provide a space for WPI students to create and lead their own educational experience while teaching their peers about captivating topics. I&E student leaders should be able to connect, engage, and inspire their peers through programs designed to add value and build a stronger I&E community. With the support of the I&E team, students will have the opportunity to create and lead their program using best practice approaches in program management and design thinking.
The Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center will provide funding to support individuals or student groups who are selected to participate in delivering impactful educational experiences to the I&E community. These opportunities are related to all WPI field of studies such as computer science, engineering, cybersecurity, humanities, global I&E, robotics, social science and policies.
Applicants will have the opportunity to propose any educational program that will provide advance learning among the I&E community. We will accept 2 – 5 applicants per semester (Fall & Spring) and provide dedicated funds of up to $1,000 per program for materials and supplies. Proposed program(s) should be tailored to be inclusive of all WPI students and areas of study, with a focus on interdisciplinary engagement.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the application requirements and how can I apply?
- Application will be accepted in the Fall & Spring of each academic year.
- Student clubs/ organizations allowed to submit two applications per academic year
- Proposed educational experiences must be open to all WPI students and areas of study
- Teams of 3 - 5 members should be formed before submitting an application
- Fully complete and submit the application
- Attend the Community Leadership Experience kick - off event
- Prepare a 3 minute pitch proposal to present to members of the I&E team
- Be willing to document your experience in the program through videos and pictures
- After the program, provide a 2 - 5 minute video reflecting on your experience, the value of your project, its impact and how the I&E team helped you achieve your goal
Please follow the link to submit an application for the Community Leadership Experience