In keeping with the Residential Services Office’s efforts to de-densify housing for the 2020-–21 academic year as part of the university’s overall response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Hampton Inn has been contracted as an additional housing option for first-year students. The hotel, located at 65 Prescott Street (between Faraday Hall and 60 Prescott Street/Gateway I), is a short (10-minute) walk from WPI’s main campus and will house around 185 students. Shuttle service will also be available, with Hampton Inn being added as a stop on the Gateway Shuttle Loop and serviced by SNAP. WPI students and Resident Advisors (RAs), supported by WPI staff and hotel staff, will be the only occupants of the hotel, which will be operated as a secure residence hall and will require an ID card for access.
Scroll down page for photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who will live in Hampton Inn?
Hampton Inn will house roughly 185 first-year students.
How many student staff members will be in the building?
Eight Resident Advisors (RAs) will be working in Hampton Inn.
What type of building is Hampton Inn?
Hampton Inn is a hotel building with shared double rooms and enclosed private bathrooms.
What are the amenities in the building?
Hampton Inn amenities include:
- E & R Laundry Service
- Bathroom cleaning by housekeeping once a week, as well as maintenance checks
- 24/7 front desk
Strict enforcement against damages will be in place.
Is a residential meal plan required for residents of Hampton Inn?
Yes. Some meals will be available in Hampton Inn via Chartwells.
What is provided for furniture/appliances?
Each hotel room includes:
- Two beds with one private bathroom (some rooms will include two twin beds, and some will include two full-size beds—please refer to your housing confirmation email in August for details on your specific room)
- One closet and one wardrobe (plastic drawer units are recommended for the closet and wardrobe)
- Two desks and two chairs
- TV, mini fridge, and microwave
- Nightstand tables with lamps
Does Hampton Inn have air conditioning?
Yes, Hampton Inn does have air conditioning. Room windows can also be opened to let in fresh air.