Salisbury Estates is conveniently located at 79 Park Avenue, just a short distance from academic buildings and the Sports and Recreation Center. Graduate Housing Assistants (GHAs) live in the complex alongside residents to support their needs.
Scroll down page for residence hall photos .
General Frequently Asked Questions
Who lives in Salisbury Estates?
- Upper-class Undergraduate Students
How many student staff members are in the building?
- 4 student staff members, living in various apartments.
What type of buildings are in the Salisbury Estates complex?
- A townhouse-style complex with individual apartments containing a kitchen, living room, and bathroom in each unit. All apartments have two bedrooms – see Graduate and Undergraduate information below for layouts. Each apartment has two exterior entrances.
What are the amenities in the building?
- Laundry room, located below Apartment 79-1
- Large courtyard areas
- Trash and recycling available on site
- Parking in various locations around the complex
Is a residential meal plan required in Salisbury Estates?
- Residents of Salisbury Estates are not required to have a residential meal plan because the apartments have kitchens. Residents can choose to purchase a voluntary plan if desired.
What is provided for furniture/appliances?
- Bedrooms are outfitted with a bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser for each resident. Salisbury closets have closet doors with a shelf and hanging bar for clothes.
- Living rooms are outfitted with soft seating (for example – couch, chair, etc.).
- Kitchens are outfitted with a refrigerator, stove, and dining room table with chairs.
Is kitchenware (pots,pans, silverware, etc.) provided for residents?
- Kitchenware is not provided for residents. Residents are encouraged to work together to determine who will bring specific items for the year.
Can beds be lofted or bunked?
- Beds in Salisbury Estates cannot be bunked.
- Beds cannot be lofted and lofting equipment is not provided.
Are beds adjustable?
- Beds at Salisbury Estates may be adjustable, depending on location.
Does Salisbury Estates have air conditioning?
- Salisbury Estates does not have air conditioning in the apartments. Residents are encouraged to bring fans for their space. Personal air conditioners are not permitted.
Graduate Student Frequently Asked Questions
What type of room layout are the apartments for graduate students?
- Graduate students are able to live in a Single room, Double room, or Large Single room.
What is the rent structure for Graduate Students?
- Rent for graduate students is per person, per month.
Undergraduate Student Frequently Asked Questions
What type of room layout are the apartments for undergraduate students?
- Bedrooms accommodate 3 students with 1 single room and 1 double room.
What is housing cost for Salisbury Estates for undergraduate students?
- Costs are equivalent to the housing costs of Founders Hall, based on single and double room layouts.