Endorsed by the WPI Faculty on May 20, 2004
Graduates of WPI will:
- have a base of knowledge in mathematics, science, and humanistic studies.
- have mastered fundamental concepts and methods in their principal areas of study.
- understand and employ current technological tools.
- be effective in oral, written and visual communication.
- function effectively both individually and on teams.
- be able to identify, analyze, and solve problems creatively through sustained critical investigation.
- be able to make connections between disciplines and to integrate information from multiple sources.
- be aware of how their decisions affect and are affected by other individuals separated by time, space, and culture.
- be aware of personal, societal, and professional ethical standards.
- have the skills, diligence, and commitment to excellence needed to engage in lifelong learning.