Embracing the science and technologies that create, develop, and improve aircraft and spacecraft, the Aerospace Engineering program at WPI places the focus on both fundamental engineering principles and specialized aeronautical and astronautical engineering topics. Students gain hands-on experience through the completion of an aerospace-related Major Qualifying Project (MQP) and lab work.
Aerospace Engineering also encourages each student’s creative talents, with the goal of developing a personal high standard of excellence and professionalism. The program seeks to instill an appreciation of the role of aerospace engineers in society.
- WPI Senior Timothy Grupp Honored as Top Air Force ROTC Cadet in the Northeast He is known on campus as a “Renaissance man.” >
- Looking for Tomorrow's Power Source? Go Fly a (Underwater) Kite David Olinger receives NSF award to study using kites to generate electricity from tides and currents. >
- WPI Aerospace Engineering Students Participate in Various National NASA Programs It was an exciting summer for five WPI Aerospace Engineering students who participated in various national programs supported by NASA. >
- Aerospace Engineering MQP Award Winners The Aerospace Engineering Program announces the winners of the MQP Awards on Project Presentation Day, April 18, 2013. >
- Aerospace Engineering Team Is Top U.S. Team and 4th Overall in the SAE International Competition A team of four WPI AE students earned a fourth-place finish in the 2013 Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Aero Design West Competition. The event invites international collegiate teams to conceive, design, and build a radio controlled aircraft that can take off and land while carrying the maximum cargo. Learn more... >
- WPI Students Soar at NASA Workshop Students Elizabeth Dawson (BS, ‘12) and Andrew Bigelow (BS, ‘11) along with Prof. John Blandino, participated in NASA’s RockOn 2011 workshop, in which student teams built, programmed, tested, and flew an instrument payload on a sounding rocket. View video... >
- WPI Team competes in SAE Aero Design East Competition Team of six WPI students participated in the 2012 Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Aero Design East competition in Marietta, Georgia. Learn more... >
- 2012 Aerospace Engineering MQP Awards WPI greatly acknowledges the 2012 Aerospace Engineering MQP Awards/Provost's MQP Award in Aerospace Engineering. Learn who the winners are... >