About Engineering at WPI
Exemplary Program, Acclaimed Institution
WPI is proud to be known as one of the nation's premier engineering- and science-focused universities. And we're even more proud of how our hands-on, project-based approach to research and learning continues to turn today's dedicated engineering students into tomorrow’s visionaries and innovators.
Accreditation for WPI and Engineering Programs
WPI is accredited as a university by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., a nongovernmental, nationally recognized organization. In addition, many individual engineering programs are accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
WPI Ranking and Recognition
- Named a best value by Kiplinger's Personal Finance in its 2011-2012 Best Value Private College rankings.
- Rated 17th in the United States for return on investment in the "What's Your College Degree Worth?" report by Bloomberg Businessweek and PayScale.com.
- Named one of the nation's best institutions for undergraduate education by The Princeton Review.
- Ranked among the top 50 colleges and universities in the nation in the inaugural 2012 Parchment Top-Choice College Rankings as calculated by Parchment.com, a provider of academic credential data.
- Named one of the "Best Schools for Foreign Students," by Newsweek/The Daily Beast, which ranked WPI among the top 25 in the United States.
- Ranked #8 part-time MBA in the nation and #1 in the Northeast by Bloomberg Businessweek.