Olin Hall, 224
L. Ramdas Ram-Mohan
- Professor, Physics
- Affiliated with:
- Director, Center for Computational NanoScience
- Physics of Nanoscale Systems
- Variational Principles and Finite Element Modeling of Nanoscale Systems
- Electrodynamics Simulations
- Quantum Scattering simulations
- Thermal management in nanoscale devices
- BS, Delhi University
- MS, Purdue University
- PhD, Purdue University
- “Wavefunction engineering of Antimonide Quantum Well Lasers,” L. R. Ram-Mohan, I. Vurgaftman, and J. R. Meyer, Microelectronics Journal, special issue on "Quasibound States in Semiconductor Quantum Devices,” Vol 30, 1031-1042 (1999).
- “The Schrödinger-Poisson Selfconsistency in Layered Quantum Semiconductor Structures,” L. R. Ram-Mohan, K. H. Yoo, and J. Moussa, Journal of Applied Physics 95, 3081-3092 (2004).
- “Band Parameters for III-V Compound Semiconductors and Their Alloys,” I. Vurgaftman, J. R. Meyer and L. R. Ram-Mohan, Journal of Applied Physics 89, 5815-5875 (2001).
- “The finite element method for energy eigenvalues of quantum mechanical systems,” L. R. Ram-Mohan, S. Saigal, D. Dossa, and J. Shertzer, Computers in Physics 4, 50-59 (1990).
- “A Transfer Matrix Method for the Calculation of Concentrations and Fluxes in Multicomponent Diffusion Couples,” L. R. Ram-Mohan and M. A. Dayananda, Acta Materialia 54, 2325-2334 (2006).
Labs and Centers
- Center for Computational NanoScience (CCNS)
- The Chairman of the Trustees' Exemplary Faculty Prize at WPI, awarded in May 2011.
- Clark Way Harrison Distinguished Visiting Professorship at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri
- The Sigma Xi Senior Faculty Award for Research Excellence at WPI
- Engineering Excellence Award of the Optical Society of America
- Department of the Air Force Certificate of Achievement