- All WPI graduate students are eligible to apply and must still be a WPI graduate student at the time of the conference itself.
- You can apply only if you are giving an oral or poster presentation at a regional, national, or international meeting.
- Funds may not be used to attend a meeting if you are not the presenting author.
- Funds may not be used for networking or collaborative visits that are not associated with a conference.
- Funds cannot be used for society memberships.
- Students may apply no more than once per academic year.
- There is no limit on the number of graduate students from a Principal Investigator's group that may apply each year, but this may affect the award decisions.
- If an award is being made, the student will be given $500 or $1000 towards travel including conference registration, travel to the meeting location, and hotel accommodations. (Meals are not covered by the Travel Fund.) The Principal Investigator or Department/Program should fund the rest of the costs. The student should not be responsible for these expenses.
- Acceptable items include transportation, lodging, meeting registration, and poster printing. Meals are not supported.
- All expense reports should be forwarded to the Dean of Graduate Studies in Boynton Hall within one month of the date of the conference. Any funds not claimed within one month of the conference date will be forfeited.
Fall 2019 graduate travel award applications will open August 20, 2019.
Deadline to apply will be October 11th.
To apply for conference travel assistance, you must complete the application. The application will be available again once the assistance program reopens.
There are two parts. The first part is completed by the graduate student. When the student enters the advisor's email address, a second part of the application will be sent directly to the advisor. Both parts must be completed for consideration.
Funding is competitive and limited, and a review process will be used to evaluate applications.
Spring 2019 Graduate Student Travel Award Recipients
|Almazyad, Fadi||Information Technology|
|Burnett, Kyra||Biomedical Engineering|
|Catherman, Davis||Robotics Engineering|
|Chagnon, Christopher||Foisie Business School|
|Chen, Xinyu||Mathematical Sciences|
|Cooper, Benjamin||Aerospace Engineering|
|Cui, Hongzhu||Bioinformatics & Computational Biology|
|Daralagodu Dattatreya Jois, Sathwik Bharadwaj||Physics|
|Desrosiers, Matthew||Biology and Biotechnology|
|Dutia, Dharini||Robotics Engineering|
|English, Elizabeth||Biomedical Engineering|
|Farazi, Shahab||Electric and Computer Engineering|
|Galotto, Giulia||Biology and Biotechnology|
|Gandomi, Katie||Robotics Engineering|
|Gasoto, Renato||Robotics Engineering|
|Gerych, Walter||Data Science|
|Goldblatt, Zachary||Biomedical Engineering|
|Hartsvigsen, Thomas||Data Science|
|Jain, Prateek||Foisie Business School|
|Jimenez-Castillo, Luis||Foisie Business School|
|Kakar, Tabassum||Data Science|
|Kimmerly, Veronica||Fire Protection Engineering|
|Kouhizadeh, Mahtab||Foisie Business School|
|Kulhman, Caitlin||Computer Science|
|Lawler, Daniel||Biomedical Engineering|
|Li, Lening||Robotics Engineering|
|Liu, Haitao||Data Science|
|Liu, Xuan||Robotics Engineering|
|Liu, Ruixue||Computer Science|
|Loeian, Masoud||Mechanical Engineering|
|Maag, Alex||Chemical Engineering|
|Mancuso, Megan||Biomedical Engineering|
|McKee, Michelle||Biology and Biotechnology|
|Mohekar, Ajit||Mechanical Engineering|
|Nemlekar, Heramb||Robotics Engineering|
|Niu, Luyao||Electrical and Computer Engineering|
|Norouzi Nia, Javad||Foisie Business School|
|Ornell, Kimberly||Biomedical Engineering|
|Orr, Robert||Biology and Biotechnology|
|Pan, Menghai||Computer Science|
|Patel, Jayam Umesh||Robotics Engineering|
|Pi, Xiaoyue||Fire Protection Engineering|
|Pietrucha, Matthew||Interactive Media & Gaming Development|
|Pooladvand, Koohyar||Mechanical Engineering|
|Ramakrishnan, Anand||Computer Science|
|Reilly, Douglas||Biology and Biotechnology|
|Ren, Yundong||Mechanical Engineering|
|Rosewitz, Jessica||Civil and Environmental Engineering|
|Sen, Cansu||Computer Science|
|Shi, Yu||Foisie Business School|
|Smith, Hannah||Learning Sciences and Technologies|
|Snider, Danielle||Biology and Biotechnology|
|Sousa, Bryer||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Tang, Haimi||Mechanical Engineering|
|Tasdighi Kalat, Shadi||Mathematical Sciences|
|Tlachac, Monica||Data Science|
|Vargas Blanco, Diego||Biology and Biotechnology|
|White, Samuel||Robotics Engineering|
|Xu, Zhiqing||Mathematical Sciences|
|Yan, Yizhou||Computer Science|
|Yang, Songge||Mechanical Engineering|
|Ye, Jiaxuan||Mathematical Sciences|
|Zaker, Azadeh||Chemical Engineering|
|Zhu, Qingyun||Foisie Business School|
|Zhuang, Zhongfang||Computer Science|