Graduate Student Travel Award
Typically, there is an application window each Fall and Spring, with deadlines in October and March, respectively.
To apply for conference travel assistance, you must complete the application. The application will be available again once the assistance program reopens.
There are two parts. The first part is completed by the graduate student. When the student enters the advisor's email address, a second part of the application will be sent directly to the advisor. Both parts must be completed for consideration.
Funding is competitive and limited, and a review process will be used to evaluate applications.
- All WPI graduate students are eligible to apply and must still be a WPI graduate student at the time of the conference itself.
- You can apply only if you are giving an oral or poster presentation at a regional, national, or international meeting.
- Funds may not be used to attend a meeting if you are not the presenting author.
- Funds may not be used for networking or collaborative visits that are not associated with a conference.
- Funds cannot be used for society memberships.
- Students may apply no more than once per academic year.
- There is no limit on the number of graduate students from a Principal Investigator's group that may apply each year, but this may affect the award decisions.
- If an award is being made, the student will be given $500 or $1000 towards travel including conference registration, travel to the meeting location, and hotel accommodations. (Meals are not covered by the Travel Fund.) The Principal Investigator or Department/Program should fund the rest of the costs. The student should not be responsible for these expenses.
- Acceptable items include transportation, lodging, meeting registration, and poster printing. Meals are not supported.
- All expense reports should be completed in Workday or by manual form and forwarded to the Dean of Graduate Studies at 60 Prescott St. or submitted online to Amy Case at email@example.com, within one month of the date of the conference. Any funds not claimed within one month of the conference date will be forfeited.
- Here is the link to the HUB site article with instructions for completing your expense report: The WPI Hub | Article | Workday Expense Reports. Be sure to include “Graduate Travel Award” in the comments section, as well as in the header and expense line Memo fields of the expense report, along with the name, date and location of the conference that you attended.
- In the event that your expenses exceed the amount of your travel award, you will need to split your expense(s) and provide an additional funding source.
- If you do not have a paid position or are on a fellowship, then you must use the manual expense report form as the option to create an expense report. In this case, you should return your completed Student Non-Employee WPI expense report, including all receipts, to Amy Case, Office of Graduate Studies, 60 Prescott Street, Suite 200 or online at firstname.lastname@example.org for reimbursement.
- Please refer to the Student Non-Employee WPI expense report https://www.wpi.edu/offices/controller/forms.
Graduate Student Travel Fund Application
Fall 2019 Graduate Student Travel Award Recipients
|Aihaitijiang, Abudula||Robotics Engineering|
|Almazyad, Fadi||Foisie Business School|
|Alqaisi, Zaid||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|Ashouri Choshali, Habibeh||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|Azhari, Luqman||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Azizi, Shima||Foisie Business School|
|Brzycki, Cassandra||Chemical Engineering|
|Carvalho, Paulo||Robotics Engineering|
|Chandrasekaran, Kavin||Data Science|
|Chen, Mengyuan||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Chen, Yinduo||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|Chiluisa, Alex||Robotics Engineering|
|Collins, Joseph||Chemical Engineering|
|Constanzo, Ian||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|Crowley, Elizabeth||Biology & Biotechnology|
|Daralagodu Dattatreya Jois, Sathwik Bharadwa||Physics|
|Dimas, Geri||Data Science|
|Ding, Qingli||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Diouri, Kaoutar||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|Gandomi, Katie||Robotics Engineering|
|Gerlach, Kyle||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|Gerych, Walter||Data Science|
|Giri, Binod||Mechanical Engineering|
|Gleason, Matthew||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Grubbs, Jack||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Hao, Haichen||Interactive Media and Game Development|
|Hao, Zhaopeng||Mathematical Science|
|Hartvigsen, Thomas||Data Science|
|Herlihy, Conor||Biology & Biotechnology|
|Ho Thanh, Minh-Tri||Physics|
|Huang, Weixiao||Data Science|
|Jackson, Lela||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|Jain, Prateek||Foisie Business School|
|Jebeli, Mahvash||Biomedical Engineering|
|Jimenez Castillo, Luis||Foisie Business School|
|Jin, Hyunsoo||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Kakar, Tabassum||Data Science|
|Khoja, Basma||Foisie Business School|
|Kocharyan, Hirachya||Aerospace Engineering|
|Kouhizadeh, Mahtab||Foisie Business School|
|Krishnan, Rahul||Systems Engineering|
|Huhlman, Caitlin||Computer Science|
|Kulkarni, Abhishek||Robotics Engineering|
|Li, Lening||Robotics Engineering|
|Li, Wenjing||Mathematical Science|
|Li, Yichen||Interactive Media & Game Development|
|Liu, Haitao||Data Science|
|Liu, Yingnan||Data Science|
|Liu, Yangtao||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Luo, Jianjun||Data Science|
|Mahajan, Shruti||Computer Science|
|Mansoor, Hamid||Computer Science|
|Masroor Shalmani, Maryam||Mechanical Engineering|
|Massar, Christopher||Materials Science & Engineering|
|McClintick, Kyle||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|McGovern, Sean||Robotics Engineering|
|Mercadante, Dayna||Bioinformatics & Computational Biology|
|Mombini, Haadi||Foisie Business School|
|Mudgal, Aditya||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Munawar, Adnan||Robotics Engineering|
|Norouzi Nia, Javad||Foisie Business School|
|Nunez, Guillermo Carlo||Mathematical Sciences|
|Oyewole, Deborah||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Pearce, Katherine||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|Pi, Xiaoyue||Fire Protection Engineering|
|Qifti, Androniqi||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|Rameshwar, Raagini||Robotics Engineering|
|Robbins, Emily||Biomedical Engineering|
|Robinson, Lynnete||Mathematical Science|
|Santawisook, Patchara||Mathematical Science|
|Sen, Devdip||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|Sun, Huaming||Bioinformatics & Computational Biology|
|Tang, Haimi||Mechanical Engineering|
|Tarabein, Karim||Robotics Engineering|
|Thadajarassiri, Jidapa||Data Science|
|Tian, Xin||Aerospace Engineering|
|Unni Krishnan, Achyuthan||Mechanical Engineering|
|Uzonwanne, Vanessa||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Vanaphuti, Panawan||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Vargas Blanco, Diego||Biology & Biotechnology|
|Vieira, Andre||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|Votta, Ann||Robotics Engineering|
|Weiss, Matthew||Data Science|
|Wiratchotisatian, Pitchaya||Data Science|
|Worthington, Shari||Foisie Business School|
|Xu, Yao||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Yang, Mengqiao||Mechanical Engineering|
|Ye, Jiaxuan||Mathematical Science|
|You, Di||Data Science|
|Yu, Haixuan||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Yu, Yi||Mathematical Science|
|Zhang, Yubin||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Zhang, Ziyang||Chemical Engineering|
|Zhang, Huayi||Data Science|
|Zhou, Ying||Biology & Biotechnology|
|Zhou, Zhiru||Chemical Engineering|
|Zhu, Ziling||Electrical & Computer Engineering|