- All WPI graduate students are eligible to apply and must still be a WPI graduate student at the time of the conference itself.
- You can apply only if you are giving an oral or poster presentation at a regional, national, or international meeting.
- Funds may not be used to attend a meeting if you are not the presenting author.
- Funds may not be used for networking or collaborative visits that are not associated with a conference.
- Funds cannot be used for society memberships.
- Students may apply no more than once per academic year.
- There is no limit on the number of graduate students from a Principal Investigator's group that may apply each year, but this may affect the award decisions.
- If an award is being made, the student will be given $500 or $1000 towards travel including conference registration, travel to the meeting location, and hotel accommodations. (Meals are not covered by the Travel Fund.) The Principal Investigator or Department/Program should fund the rest of the costs. The student should not be responsible for these expenses.
- Acceptable items include transportation, lodging, meeting registration, and poster printing. Meals are not supported.
- All expense reports should be forwarded to the Dean of Graduate Studies in Boynton Hall within one month of the date of the conference. Any funds not claimed within one month of the conference date will be forfeited.
Spring 2020 graduate travel award applications will open February 3, 2020.
Deadline to apply will be March 2nd.
To apply for conference travel assistance, you must complete the application. The application will be available again once the assistance program reopens.
There are two parts. The first part is completed by the graduate student. When the student enters the advisor's email address, a second part of the application will be sent directly to the advisor. Both parts must be completed for consideration.
Funding is competitive and limited, and a review process will be used to evaluate applications.
Fall 2019 Graduate Student Travel Award Recipients
|Aihaitijiang, Abudula||Robotics Engineering|
|Almazyad, Fadi||Foisie Business School|
|Alqaisi, Zaid||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|Ashouri Choshali, Habibeh||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|Azhari, Luqman||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Azizi, Shima||Foisie Business School|
|Brzycki, Cassandra||Chemical Engineering|
|Carvalho, Paulo||Robotics Engineering|
|Chandrasekaran, Kavin||Data Science|
|Chen, Mengyuan||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Chen, Yinduo||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|Chiluisa, Alex||Robotics Engineering|
|Collins, Joseph||Chemical Engineering|
|Constanzo, Ian||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|Crowley, Elizabeth||Biology & Biotechnology|
|Daralagodu Dattatreya Jois, Sathwik Bharadwa||Physics|
|Dimas, Geri||Data Science|
|Ding, Qingli||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Diouri, Kaoutar||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|Gandomi, Katie||Robotics Engineering|
|Gerlach, Kyle||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|Gerych, Walter||Data Science|
|Giri, Binod||Mechanical Engineering|
|Gleason, Matthew||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Grubbs, Jack||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Hao, Haichen||Interactive Media and Game Development|
|Hao, Zhaopeng||Mathematical Science|
|Hartvigsen, Thomas||Data Science|
|Herlihy, Conor||Biology & Biotechnology|
|Ho Thanh, Minh-Tri||Physics|
|Huang, Weixiao||Data Science|
|Jackson, Lela||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|Jain, Prateek||Foisie Business School|
|Jebeli, Mahvash||Biomedical Engineering|
|Jimenez Castillo, Luis||Foisie Business School|
|Jin, Hyunsoo||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Kakar, Tabassum||Data Science|
|Khoja, Basma||Foisie Business School|
|Kocharyan, Hirachya||Aerospace Engineering|
|Kouhizadeh, Mahtab||Foisie Business School|
|Krishnan, Rahul||Systems Engineering|
|Huhlman, Caitlin||Computer Science|
|Kulkarni, Abhishek||Robotics Engineering|
|Li, Lening||Robotics Engineering|
|Li, Wenjing||Mathematical Science|
|Li, Yichen||Interactive Media & Game Development|
|Liu, Haitao||Data Science|
|Liu, Yingnan||Data Science|
|Liu, Yangtao||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Luo, Jianjun||Data Science|
|Mahajan, Shruti||Computer Science|
|Mansoor, Hamid||Computer Science|
|Masroor Shalmani, Maryam||Mechanical Engineering|
|Massar, Christopher||Materials Science & Engineering|
|McClintick, Kyle||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|McGovern, Sean||Robotics Engineering|
|Mercadante, Dayna||Bioinformatics & Computational Biology|
|Mombini, Haadi||Foisie Business School|
|Mudgal, Aditya||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Munawar, Adnan||Robotics Engineering|
|Norouzi Nia, Javad||Foisie Business School|
|Nunez, Guillermo Carlo||Mathematical Sciences|
|Oyewole, Deborah||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Pearce, Katherine||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|Pi, Xiaoyue||Fire Protection Engineering|
|Qifti, Androniqi||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|Rameshwar, Raagini||Robotics Engineering|
|Robbins, Emily||Biomedical Engineering|
|Robinson, Lynnete||Mathematical Science|
|Santawisook, Patchara||Mathematical Science|
|Sen, Devdip||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|Sun, Huaming||Bioinformatics & Computational Biology|
|Tang, Haimi||Mechanical Engineering|
|Tarabein, Karim||Robotics Engineering|
|Thadajarassiri, Jidapa||Data Science|
|Tian, Xin||Aerospace Engineering|
|Unni Krishnan, Achyuthan||Mechanical Engineering|
|Uzonwanne, Vanessa||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Vanaphuti, Panawan||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Vargas Blanco, Diego||Biology & Biotechnology|
|Vieira, Andre||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|Votta, Ann||Robotics Engineering|
|Weiss, Matthew||Data Science|
|Wiratchotisatian, Pitchaya||Data Science|
|Worthington, Shari||Foisie Business School|
|Xu, Yao||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Yang, Mengqiao||Mechanical Engineering|
|Ye, Jiaxuan||Mathematical Science|
|You, Di||Data Science|
|Yu, Haixuan||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Yu, Yi||Mathematical Science|
|Zhang, Yubin||Materials Science & Engineering|
|Zhang, Ziyang||Chemical Engineering|
|Zhang, Huayi||Data Science|
|Zhou, Ying||Biology & Biotechnology|
|Zhou, Zhiru||Chemical Engineering|
|Zhu, Ziling||Electrical & Computer Engineering|