When a student completes the graduate certificate in systems thinking, they will be able to:
- Understand how the parts of a dynamic, complex system operate, fit together and interact with its operational environment.
- Improve performance in complex systems through a better understanding of the complexities and their interactions through modeling and analysis.
- Develop robust solutions to complex problems through critical thinking and a holistic approach to problem solving.
- Understand the fundamental dynamics that drive project performance, including the rework cycle and feedback effects, schedule pressure and staffing, and risk management.
- Ask “What if…?” questions for the causes and effects for the parts, the whole target system, and for the target system functioning in the intended operational environment.