Partner on a Project
Let Camp Reach help your organization
A major focus of the camp experience, community-oriented design projects introduce campers to the nature of engineering as a collaborative problem-solving process. We are always interested in learning about organizations with meaningful problems to solve. If your project is chosen, a team of ten campers—mentored by high school assistants and a middle school teacher—will develop a plan based on your direction and budget. The one requirement is that you must implement the solution in the six to nine months following the summer program so campers can see their work in action.
If you have an interest in working with us on a project design project, please contact Sue Sontgerath at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-831-4900.
A national imperative. A proven local impact.
For our nation to maintain leadership in a global economy, more women and other underrepresented groups must be prepared to assume positions as engineers and scientists, providing new perspectives on old problems and bringing a broader range of skills and life experience. Camp Reach is one of many ways that WPI fills the pipeline for a capable STEM workforce of the future.
Through this innovative program, WPI provides a mentoring experience that engages girls at a young age and maintains contact through their high school years. Since 1997, approximately 400 rising 7th grade girls, 110 high school girls, 40 middle school math and science teachers, and 75 WPI students and faculty have participated. Together they have created a mentoring scaffold of girls and women who support and celebrate each other’s interests in STEM, as noted by an alumna from our first year:
To continue this important program, WPI needs the support of generous and forward-thinking organizations that recognize the importance of encouraging students to begin exploring careers in science, technology, and engineering. Learn more about investing in Camp Reach, please contact Sue Sontgerath at email@example.com or 508-831-4900.
Camp Reach is grateful for the generous support of our sponsors over the past 16 years.
- 3M Corporation
- Albert W. Rice Charitable Foundation (Bank of America serves as trustee)
- AQUAL Clinical Services
- AstraZeneca International
- Bose Foundation
- Cardinal Brook Trust
- Emerson Charitable Trust (formerly Intellution)
- Engineering Information Foundation
- J. Irving England & Jane L. England Charitable Trust
- Fidelity Investments
- General Motors
- Hamilton Sundstrand Space Systems International
- IBM Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- Karl Storz Endovision, Inc.
- Mercury Computer Systems, Inc.
- Project Positivity
- National Science Foundation (original startup funding for 1997 and 1998)
- The New England Charitable Trust
- Raytheon NCS
- Silver Crescent Foundation
- TEC, Inc. (Technical Expositions & Conferences)
- Teradyne, Inc.
- The TJX Companies, Inc. and The TJX Foundation Inc.
- UBS Financial Services Inc.
- United Way of Central Massachusetts' Women's Initiative
- Verizon Foundation
- Whaley Family Charitable Trust
- Friends of Camp Reach