How to Apply
Applications are now live! Apply here!
- Completed Frontiers application with $50 application fee.
- Recommendation Form from your mathematics teacher, science teacher, or guidance counselor.
- An essay of up to 500 words on the topic of "Why I would like to attend the Frontiers program."
- Official copy of your most recent high school transcript (including most recent report card) submitted by your guidance counselor or school (Transcripts submitted by students or their family members will not be accepted). Strong consideration is given to students maintaining a “B” average or better in a rigorous academic program, and who have taken or are on track to complete pre-calculus before graduating high school.
- TOEFL score for non-native English speakers (A minimum of 80 is preferred, but can be waived by request).
WPI is a test optional university, so scores for standardized test (PSATs, SATs, ACTs) not required. If a student feels that it would add to their application, they should submit it.
All application support materials should be sent to:
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
Please be sure to include applicant name and date of birth on checks and all supporting materials.
Summer scholarships are available. Please see our webpage here with more details.