To be eligible students must be entering grades 11 or 12 the following fall.
Applications can be submitted online by April 1, 2018. Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and admitted students will receive priority placement in their program of choice based on space available at the time of acceptance. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis.
How to Apply
Applications will be available beginning December 15, 2017. You may complete your electronic application here.
- Completed Frontiers application with $50 application fee.
- Recommendation Form from your mathematics teacher, science teacher, or guidance counselor.
- An essay of up to 500 words on the topic of "Why I would like to attend the Frontiers program".
- Official copy of your most recent high school transcript (including most recent report card) submitted by your guidance counselor. Strong consideration is given to students maintaining a “B” average or better in a rigorous academic program, and who have taken or are on track to complete pre-calculus before graduating high school.
- TOEFL score for non-native English speakers (A minimum of 80 is preferred, but can be waived by request).
Standardized test scores are not required. However, if you have taken standardized tests (PSATs, SATs, ACTs), feel free to send them with your application.
All application support materials should be sent to:
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
Please be sure to include applicant name and date of birth on checks and all supporting materials.
Summer scholarships are available. Please see our webpage here with more details.