- A year-long program, consisting of a summer opening institute, 6-7 academic year sessions, and a culminating presentation at the end of the year.
- Guides teams of school and district leaders in developing STEM goals, analyzing STEM needs, and identifying funding opportunities, tailored to the specific needs of each school/district.
- Teams collaborate on subjects of policy, practice, evaluation, equity, and funding issues related to STEM integration.
- Incorporating the WPI model, theory and practice are intertwined with teams receiving assignments to conduct with their staff after each session.
- Teams review a variety of successful STEM integration models and adapt the ones that best fit their needs.
- Participants are guided by WPI staff with mentorship from business and education leaders who have successfully integrated STEM in their school/district.
Current Teams – Year V
- Alhuda Academy (Worcester)
- Belchertown Public Schools
- John D. O’Bryant School of Mathematics and Science (Boston)
- Pioneer Valley Regional School District
- Andover School of Montessori
- Cambridge Public Schools
- Concord Public Schools
- Douglas Public Schools
- Fitchburg Public Schools
- Holy Name Jr/Sr High School (Worcester)
- The Learning Center for the Deaf in Framingham
- Leominster Pubic Schools
- Mendon-Upton Regional School District
- Quaboag Regional School District
- Shrewsbury Montessori School
- Springfield Renaissance School
- Thomas Prince School (Wachusett school district)